Sunday, April 15, 2018

That Voice in Your Head? It's Lying

by Heidi Ashe


Do you hear them too?  Or is it just me?  The voices in my head that tell me someone else could do this better.  That someone else’s kids aren’t complaining about their breakfast, their lunch, their dinner.  That no one’s crying at their house.



Well it’s a sham.  Those voices are straight up lies.  No one can do you better than you.  There’s no one your family needs more than you.  Everyone’s kids are complaining and I assure you that if there’s a toddler or a teenager in that house, someone is crying.



Isn’t that just like the devil to get into our heads? He can’t have our hearts.

Jesus is there.

That space is taken.

So the devil is vying for all the other spaces. Your head, your kitchen, your car.

He’s trying to pick a fight with your husband, to take your sweet babies whiny voices to another decibel, and to turn up the volume on that colleague chewing beside you.



So how do we push past the voices, the negativity, the daily grind that more often than not tries to drag us down?  We run (or maybe crawl) to God and listen to what He says (because isn’t that all that matters?)



In Galatians 5:1, He calls us FREE.  “It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.”



In Ephesians 1:7 & 8, He calls us REDEEMED and FORGIVEN and LAVISHED with GRACE.   “In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace that he lavished on us.”



When the voices become deafening or the pressure of the world becomes too much, crank the worship music, dig into His word or at the very least sing Jesus Loves Me when you want to scream (I promise it works!).



In a song I just recently heard by Dave Barnes there’s a line that says,



“I beg you see my brokenness  as how the light got in.”



That is my prayer friends, that my kids, my husband, my family, friends, colleagues would all see the broken in me and then the light of Jesus shining right on through.





No comments:

Post a Comment