Thursday, June 13, 2019

He is Still Working Miracles {My I'm Pregnant Announcement}

by Hannah Clements

Someone asked me the other day if I was still writing. Here I am resurfacing from the wildest, fastest and most overwhelming ride of my life: motherhood. When I was walking through my season on barrenness, words flowed out of me with little to no effort. Something about being in my feelings makes me want to write. Now I am in a season of complete blessings, and I've got nothing. I blame it on being distracted by my precious 8 year old and/or the fact that I only have 50% at most of a working brain. The other 50% or greater is working on growing a baby. In all honesty, I am completely overwhelmed - overwhelmed with His goodness and overwhelmed in the other possible ways.

Over the past 10 months of learning to parent, Psalm 66 has resounded in my head. So much so just seeing the number “66” on a sign or out and about gives me encouragement. It is my current song.

Because God is good, I was able to sing through infertility. But now I get to “shout joyful praises to God, all the earth! Sing about the glory of his name! Tell the world how glorious he is.” Psalm 66 1-2 Dear friends, “come and see what our God has done, what awesome miracles he performs for people! He made a dry path through the Red Sea.” Psalm 66:6

I have so much to tell you about the awesome miracles He has performed in my little family's life. Nothing short of miracles here.

After over 4 years of trying to conceive: rounds of meds, 1 surgery, 5 unsuccessful IUIs, a bit of giving up and a dose of surrender - I am pregnant. A miracle.

But pregnancy didn't and could not happen until after, a few years of nudging my husband towards foster care, 30 hours of training, 257 pages of paper work, lots of prayers and an easy yes to an 8 year old little girl. A miracle.

A few weeks after we found out we were pregnant, we celebrated my daughter's 8th birthday (still holding the secret tight), I was cutting her cake and the Holy Spirit whispered - “this is what you waited for.” Without a doubt, we needed her. All the ways she came to be ours and who she is are miracles in themselves. I could write a book (once I regain brain consciousness, may be I will).

Shortly after she moved in, she quickly began praying for a “baby brother, baby sister, or baby twins.” We weren't really sure how God would answer that prayer - either through adoption or miraculous pregnancy, but we knew the prayer of a child is powerful. A couple months later and I am pregnant. Not because I “finally relaxed” or got my mom juices flowing, but simply and powerfully because God's timing had arrived and his miracle was performed. He heard her prayer.

There is more, but I still haven't processed it. Yet, I couldn't miss the opportunity to share with you of how God parted our "Red Sea". Dare I be like the Israelites and forget what God has done. For the Israelites, He parted the sea twice, performed miracle after miracle and they forgot to tell. Their devotion to God turned in to forgetfulness and idol worship. Dare I not tell you or generations yet to come. So here I am with limited brain capacity and all telling you “what awesome miracles God performs performs for his people.” He is still working miracles, folks. Believe it. I've lived it.

Don't miss your opportunity to share what God is doing in your life. Let's spread His miracles like wildfire.

Dear friend who is still waiting for your miracle,

I don't know why me and not you. I don't know why you are still waiting. But I pray one day the Holy Spirit will whisper to you “this is why you waited” and all will make sense. In the meantime, lean in. God is so good in the waiting and He alone satisfies. I am praying for you and hurting with you. He is near to the broken-hearted.


No comments:

Post a Comment